Friday, July 29, 2011

Awkward moments

I have vivid memories lodged at the back of my mind; some of these memories are of awkward moments that make me crack a smile unwillingly. Luckily these incidents remain perfectly hidden in plain view only to be seen by those who pay attention. They might seem unbelievable and unconceivable but Gods sense of humor is one which a mere mortal will never understand, but here are the synopses of my awkward moments.

I was in a queue attempting to start a friendly conversation with the lady in front of me, she didn’t reply and the first thing that came to mind was “This person is rude.” To my surprise that lady’s companion came along and they started making hand gestures which looked like sign language. When I walked away from that embarrassing scene, that seemed a bit cinematic, the only thing that I could hear was the voice in my head saying “I’m such an idiot for trying to start a conversation with a deaf person”. After that incident I wished I could just crawl underneath some rock and hide from earths judgmental eyes.

I’ve also found myself calling someone with the intent of saying something specific, but due to some psychological phenomena what I wanted to say can’t come out. So, to avoid sounding like a strange or deranged person, I improvise and come up with something else to say. Eventually when I run out of conversation topics, there’s a brief moment of silence when I frantically searching my mind for something else to say. Unexpectedly, I blurt the first thing that comes to mind only to realize seconds later that I just said a load of crap. None of the Twenty six alphabetic letters can be placed together to create that elusive word that perfectly describes how I feel after making such phone calls.

Since I’m not Cronus, the Titan god of time and the ages, there’s no point in beating myself up for something I can’t change. I’d rather look back at these moments and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment