Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s superman.

I’m fortunate to have been born after the primitive era, when it was not necessary be half naked and hunt the evening’s meal with a bow and arrow. Back then entertainment meant sitting with my eyes glued to the television, completely captivated by action packed cartoons such as Ninja turtles, Power rangers and Batman. In retrospect, watching the “steering” use his powers to catch the bad guy was not beneficial to me, but to some level it provoked thoughts that fueled my over imaginative mind. Being young and staring into thin air, imagining what I would do if I had supernatural powers was not out of the ordinary. Despite the passing of ages, you might say that I’m a retrogressive person due to the fact that I still find myself losing touch with reality and slip into a world created by my imagination. Fiction might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I find it a necessity to move from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Get rid of that knowledgeable mind by ignoring the laws of nature and science. Give voice to that inner child that you hide from the world. As ridiculous as it may seem, imagine you woke up one morning and you miraculously had supernatural powers. What kind of powers would you want to posses? Is it immortality, super strength, enhanced intuition or even invisibility? Given the fact that we are a species that is often engulfed by curiosity, you most probably will end up using your powers for some mischievous activity. In that case all I can do is quote Uncle Ben from Spiderman “With great power comes great responsibility”.

No comments:

Post a Comment