Tuesday, November 1, 2011

optimism or pessimism?

We are optimistic beings, always hoping for the best but never preparing for the worst. There is no need to be a logician or pessimist to know that life doesn’t always go as planned. For most people this is a bitter pill to swallow, that’s why many live off wishful thinking.  I’m still a young man who has a lot to learn from life, one of the traits that I’ve picked up along the way is to always leave room for disappointment. That does not necessarily mean that I live life expecting something wrong to happen. 
Knowing that reality tends to burst the bubble filled with our wishes, I’ve gotten rid of that subliminal obsession with the future and have begun to take life as it comes.  Simply put, I just do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done. I guess the saying “go with the flow” applies in my life. Some things can not be controlled that’s why I let the forces of destiny steer me to that unknown place that just might be paradise.  
Although I’m no philosopher, I think I should leave you with this analogy: Living life is like walking in the dark, you’ll never know where your next step leads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment