Thursday, February 24, 2011

Proverbs 3:6 “Acknowledge him, and he will straighten your path”

I’m going to touch base with a very controversial issue that is barely subject matter in a conversation. This is one thing we are born in to and yet we find it socially unacceptable to fully embrace it in public or at least around friends. Well this “thing” I’m talking about is religion. I’ve been in conversations about sex, relationships, technology and even business; but I hardly hear someone mention anything connected to religion. I’m not saying that we should turn in to Jehovah’s witnesses who hand out “Watchtower” magazines, preach the word of God at the entrance of a strip club and even try imposing Christianity on others.


One thing I’ve learnt is that a person has to balance the social, religious and cultural aspects of life. I come from a somewhat religious family and as far back as I can remember I’ve always been dragged to church every Sunday to hear about a man who turned water in to wine. Through the course of time, all the preaching about this man began to make sense and it somehow added valve to my life. Well I guess through every rough patch I’ve been religion has been a source of motivation, hope and strength.

When it comes to religion there is no such thing as being scrupulous. None of us will ever be Jesus, the prophet Muhammad, Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha). We all know that we’ve broken at least one commandment. It’s either you steal, murder (which I hope you don’t do) or commit adultery. Being ashamed of bringing up religion in a conversation should be a thing of the past, but just keep in mind that everyone is entitled to affiliate themselves with any religion.

Congratulations if you made it this far, most people would have read the title and lost interest in reading further.

No comments:

Post a Comment